Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Outings...

Winter is a very interesting time for us as far as outings go. Because of Isaac's trach and immune system I have to get creative about things that would be fun for him without risking an illness that could potentially land him in the hospital. Recently he had a test done with the pneumovax shot that basically told us that he doesn't have normal antibodies for certain respiratory illnesses, bronchitis, strep...all of those fun things that I DON'T want him to get sick with. This conclusion clarifies my decision to keep him in home-based therapy and school. 

We still need to live life though and Isaac enjoys going on outings that don't involve going to the Dr. such as the pet store or what's funny is he likes Hobby Lobby because it's so colorful. A fun thing we did over the weekend was take him to a local greenhouse that was all decked out in Christmas decor and plants. He had a good time with his sister. Now if only I could find a germ free Santa clause.



2 comments:

Michelle said...

He likes Hobby lobby?? What a hoot, I get it...I totally love hobby lobby. Hope you are able to see agerm free santa!!

Lacey said...

Fist of all, is it snowing on your blog? How cute is that!! I'm finally getting Jax school stuff moving, and yet I'm feeling like I want to wait until spring to send him. To much sadness and death lately from respiratory viruses. Makes me realize how lucky I am that my little man has been so strong!!