Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Celebration!

It seems so surreal that we just celebrated little mans 5th birthday. How is this even possible?
In many ways time went by so fast and in some ways it feels like it has stood still. I never imagined right after he was born that we would be celebrating this day. The journey has been filled with life lessons, joy, faith and most of all an opportunity to meet people we never would've known. So yesterday we had a party! It was a mix of favorite nurses, family and friends. Isaac was the star of the show and he soaked it all in like the little socialite he is.Our favorite NICU nurse who went through it with us for 4 long months came to the party. I think he can tell that she's pretty special!
He got some nice presents too, including a quilt that one of his nurses made for him.....And his "Cars" cake turned out pretty good. He was smiling real big when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him.Thank you for the support and prayers over the years and for following our journey!

4 comments:

The VW's said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! You are amazing! Love and Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Isaac, you are my favorite guy, and I thoroughly enjoyed celebrating your 5th birthday! It was a milestone after all, even a Gammy has been through over these years. I could tell you were really enjoying yourself along with everybody else celebrating your life. I wish you the best always, and pray for you every day. I know God has heard those prayers.

Lots of hugs and kisses,
Gammy

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Isaac!
I'm a long time reader, even if I never commented before. Thanks for sharing a bit of your lovely little boy!

Junior said...

looks like you had a fantastic party and that is one cool cake. Happy Birthday