Monday, September 28, 2009

Feeling Festive

Isaac's cold is much better and I didn't even have to call Pulmonology to add meds to his bag of tricks. YAY!

This weekend I was desperate for some "me" time, so I spent most of the day Saturday shopping, eating dark chocolate and watching a movie by myself.....it was SO nice. I need to remember to do that more often! On Sunday the photographer from The Littlest Heroes Project came and took shots of our shining star. He was napping when she arrived so his eyes were half closed throughout most of the session. After singing "twinkle twinkle little star" and "the abc song" about 15 times he finally perked up and we got some good pictures in. Of course I will share later and if you're good I might even send you a Christmas card with a family photo!

Brownie was feeling left out so I took some photos of her this morning in her new bandana. Doesn't she look festive in her flames? She's like "OK mom, give me that cheeto already!"
She's a purebred chocolate and we bought her for Easter when my daughter was 4. Aside from trying to keep the hair out of Isaac's trach, she's the best dog around! Oh, and she loves all of Isaac's nurses.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you got some time for you! I'm really glad Isaac is getting better!! Always a blessing to NOT add meds!! Woohoo! Loving the doggie, how does Isaac like her? Lillian is not all that fond of your dogs...

Alicia said...

Hooray for Isaac getting better, what a load off your mind!

Double Hooray for Mama getting some Mama Time!! I say write it in your calendar once a month! We all need that kind of stuff on a pretty regular basis.

Ooo ooo ooo, I'll be a good girl, I promise!! I want a Christmas card! I really need to do that too this year, since we got some really good pictures for the first time.

Brownie looks so sweet. And that flame bandana is the coolest! It is such a blessing to have a wonderful dog!