Tuesday, March 24, 2009

K-marche' And Prematurity Awareness

Yes, that is a picture of my lil peanut at only 2 pounds 8 ounces.

So I'm not really much of a K-mart shopper, but it I needed a few things there this month and I noticed that they are taking donations for the March Of Dimes until May the 10th. I'm not sure if this is just here or nation wide. So next time you're shopping for a blue light special, don't forget to bring a few more dollars along with you. I didn't know until a couple of years ago that so many children can be born with genetic abnormalities, prematurity or other birth defects. Of course if they are born with these things they deserve a big giant smooch for being courageous and amazing kids. Also, if your kids were born completely healthy, don't forget to give them a big giant hug or call them up to tell them how much you love them because they are a walking miracle! (: On April 25th we get to walk on a team for our friend Michael who was born very premature and was just over a pound when he was born. Last year we walked with them and it was a lot of fun. Next year I'm hoping (in my spare time LOL) to make an Isaac team and get others to join the fun with us! Here is the link to the March Of Dimes http://www.marchforbabies.org.



Colleen

No comments: