Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcoming 2009



Wow, time flies when you're having fun! I can't believe that Isaac will be 2 years old in April! For someone who was possibly not supposed to survive birth, well...we're doing pretty good. Many emotions flood me when I think about the celebration of this milestone. It is a celebration, but also bittersweet as he still is very medically fragile and has some major developmental delays. I have many goals for him this year now that we are not so much into survival mode. Don't get me wrong...we are still in survival mode, but we are not in the hospital as much...thank goodness! Last year my main goal for Isaac was to stay out of the hospital. Well we did a pretty good job in 2008. Isaac's most recent trip to the hospital was an outpatient procedure on Monday January 12th to have his right ear tube replaced and a sedated hearing exam done. The exam showed that Isaac has hearing loss in both ears. All we know is he lights up whenever we talk to him and he loves his Mama. The above photo is of my Dad with Isaac...we were celebrating a belated Christmas right after the New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your new site. Pauline