Saturday, December 1, 2012

Life Is Good...Today

I can't believe it's December 1st already! It seems like yesterday we were carving pumpkins! 

The past 2 weeks have been busy, especially for Big Sister. She has been having a hard time lately.  After Thanksgiving she got the stomach flu over the weekend. Then on Tuesday she sprained her arm and her elbow in martial arts class. Ouch! On Thursday she got hit in the head really hard with a volleyball in P.E and fell down on her lip. 

She came home from school in tears. "Why are bad things happening to me all at once?" She said.

How do I teach my girl that in the midst of trials (that are hard for a 5th grader) that she will get through it. That there is growth and appreciation for the days when life is good. This got me thinking that heaven knows there are days with Isaac's health or the nurses that I don't think I can get hit with anymore "stuff." 

Haven't we all been there?

Today was one of those days where we enjoyed the Christmas tree and my girl and I went shopping for dresses. Autumn and Isaac were happy together. Sometimes you have to take it all in on the days when life is good!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love this picture of the both of them! It reakky is a good pic to put in the Christmas cards. Gammy