Friday, August 10, 2012

Music

When I was a little girl, I loved anything musical.  My Mom told me that people would come over to our house and I would start dancing to the radio. As I got older, I got an electric keyboard for Christmas and couldn't get enough of it!  Although I never learned how to read music well, I could play almost any song by ear. Then In high school I was in a select choir and those are some of my fondest memories. I haven't done much with music since then, other than an occasional piano lesson in my 20's and singing on the worship team for awhile. 

Then when Autumn was born, I was certain that she would be a music lover just like me, but she ended up being creative in other ways, such as drawing and painting. When Isaac was born with disabilities, I didn't think he would inherit my interest in music. Sure enough, nothing in the whole world makes him happier! Put him in front of a keyboard or piano and  he's all over it. He may not be able to play a good song, but to him it's very entertaining and it puts a big smile on his face. When he's upset, all we have to do is sing one of his favorite songs and it sooths him instantly. So it wasn't surprising when I let him listen to one of his favorites from the Black Eyed Peas, that he started smiling from ear to ear. What can I say, he has great taste!


No comments: