Thursday, October 15, 2009

More Fun

Boy, do I know how to have fun or what?

Most of the week Isaac's sister has been home from school with a fever and the yucks. As usual we are trying to keeps those nasty bugs away from Isaac. This makes life a bit interesting keeping them separated. So far so good, he's still in his w-e-l-l b-a-b-y stage. Autumn's birthday is in 2 days so hopefully she will be up to partying by then.

We had to cancel Isaac's eye appointment yesterday because I couldn't bring the sick girl along with us. No biggie. He gets his hearing aides tomorrow. Woohoo! and then next week we have an appointment with the Pediatrician and the Pulmonologist.

So I would like to say I always have it together during this adventure, but that's not always the case. Why is it so hard to admit that? Lately I've been dealing with some anxiety that came out of nowhere. It's an awful feeling. So far with some counseling and help from my doctor, I'm feeling better. I guess you could say prolonged stress eventually takes it's toll on you. Thanks for praying!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Colleen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great he's getting his hearing aids. It will be interesting to see what his reaction will be to sounds he hasn't been hearing. Adjustments will happen at first, but will be great for him in the long run.

You have a constant busy life. I would have anxiety if all this was happening to me. It's good to be strong, but we are not Super Man/Woman. We are human and must lean on our family, friends, and the Lord himself. These are the times that bring us closer to those around us.

Love, Gammy

Devon said...

I so know what you mean about the stress...I oftentimes wonder if I could be diagnosed with a form of PTSD.

Glad you're feeling better. Hugs to you, Colleen!!

Alicia said...

I'm praying for Autumn to feel better fast and for Isaac to avoid the yucks altogether.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with anxiety but I am glad you are dealing with it the correct way. You are definitely in my prayers.

Anthony's Family said...

Life has return to our routine and I would love to have a morning cup of coffee with you. Call my cell or the office when you can.
Take care...... (((HUGS)))