Monday, November 7, 2011

November

I can't believe it's November already and snowfall is just around the corner! Isaac had a fantastic Halloween. He went trick-or-treating with his Daddy and got to show off his adorable itsy bitsy spider costume. The best part of the whole night for him though was coming home and watching his favorite movies. That's my little homebody:)
November has been eventful so far. Last week he had routine labs drawn through his port at home and the test results came back saying that his BUN levels were sky high. Normal range is between 7-18 and his were 87! Since we have never encountered kidney problems before, I didn't really know what to expect from this. Was he dehydrated? Were his kidneys in trouble? A Mom can't help but worry! The next day the Dr. ordered another blood draw and the results were down to 14! Was it a fluke? We don't know, but it was a big sigh of relief that's for sure. Thanks again for the many prayers on facebook.

Isaac has a few big appointments coming up. Tomorrow we see the eye Doctor and Wednesday we go to Shriner's. Hopefully the X-rays won't show that his hip dysplasia is significantly worse. I usually come out of that appointment pretty stressed. Sigh. Also a couple days before Thanksgiving he has an EEG with neuro to check for seizure activity. He doesn't appear to have seizures during the day, but the nurses and I have suspected that there may be some activity during sleep. It's good to have it done since it's been at least 2 years since his last one.

At least we can get the big appointments out of the way before the snow falls!

3 comments:

Junior said...

oh Isaac I love your costume, so glad you had fun.
Praying that the appointments go well. Junior has a big Shriners appt coming up in a couple weeks also and I am stressing, we find out how bad his scoli has gotten. big hugs

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your checkups, and your Mama's stress. I pray all goes well. I love your itsy-bitsy spider costume. I had a very happy birthday the other day with you and your sis and mom.

Love, Gammy

Team Carter said...

love, Love, LOVE his costume. Little Isaac, it's good to see you....I need to check in more often!!