Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Isaac was admitted to the PICU on Monday afternoon. It was a hard decision knowing whether or not to take him in to the ER, but he had been on antibiotics for almost a week with not much of an improvement. I also learned from the Pulmonologists office that he had a secondary infection brewing. That would explain why he wasn't getting better. Monday morning he had a high temp, his heart rate was really high and his respiration's were up. The nurse working on Monday morning has been with us since spring and said that she had never seen him sick like this. I guess that's a good thing because he's been so stable. Poor bud is not a very happy camper today. The antibiotics are already giving him a butt rash, the steroids are making him restless and the RT's are coming in every 2 hours to give him a treatment. Hopefully it won't be long and he will be in good shape to go home! I can't wait until I can see him smiling again!