Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunny Days And Nursing Woes

It was a beautiful spring day yesterday so we took advantage of it by taking Isaac out in his swing. He was trying to hide from that big ball of sun shining in his face, but he still enjoyed himself.
I would like to get him an outdoor swing that's better suited for a special needs child. Does anyone have any suggestions? He doesn't have very good trunk control, so we need something that would give him more support and that he can also grow into. I'm almost afraid to say it, but I haven't seen his respiratory status this good in months. We have even been taking him off of 02 periodically for 30 minute intervals and his sats are staying up in the 90's. I know this can all change overnight, but it's during these good times that we have to enjoy the moment. One day at a time....we have great days and not so good days, but today is a good day! Hooray!

I got a phone call from the nursing agency this week and they told me something I didn't want to hear. Our nurse that works Sunday nights has found another case where she can work days. I can't say I blame her for taking the job, but it will be very hard to replace her. We have had several nurses in our home for past 2 1/2 years and she is top-notch. I told Isaac to be extra cute last night so that she would maybe change her mind and Sam tried bribing her with chocolate....that didn't work either. This morning it hit me hard when she left...for good. I tried not to cry. Hopefully the new nurse will work out. I haven't met her yet. I know that God will take care of us no matter what.....he always does.

4 comments:

Junior said...

Issac so happy to hear you are doing well, going off oxygen some woohoo.

Colleen, you might want to check into a program called Challenged American, they purchased Juniors full support swing and even the frame for it. Their link is on the sidebar on Junior's blog. They are only able to fulfill a few requests each month but just keep applying.

Alicia said...

I am so glad Isaac is doing so much better respiratory wise. I love this time of year when Spring is teasing us!

Sorry to hear about your nurse. I know that has got to be frustrating. I hope the new nurse works out just as well.

Hope said...

I'm sorry about your nurse:(
That is great about Isaac doing well without oxygen, though!!

Team Carter Jay said...

Sorry to hear about your nurse, BUT I am SO glad to hear that Isaac is doing better. Let's hope it keeps up for you ;)