Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter, Piecings and Hospital Visits

Yesterday was an interesting day. First off, over the weekend Isaac was doing so fantastic that we were able to take him off the oxygen for 5 hours! I was shocked when the nurse woke me up yesterday morning to tell me that he had a fever and needed 3 liters of oxygen. What??! While waiting for the doctors office to call me back, I helped Autumn dye Easter eggs. At least it helped me stay sane for a minute or 2. By noon his heart rate was staying between 175 and 180 beats per minute. When I finally got a hold of the doctor's office, they didn't want to touch him with that heart rate and suggested taking him to the ER.....sigh. The good news is that he doesn't have RSV. I'm waiting for the hospital to call me back now as they want to send him home by tomorrow or maybe even today. He has to be home for Easter and his birthday!

On a positive note, Autumn got her ears pierced over the weekend! Here are her beautiful earrings.

4 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Autumn, your earrings are beautiful!

I hope Isaac gets home soon, before Easter and his birthday.

Team Carter Jay said...

Awww, poor little Isaac. Praying he gets home soon!

Sherry C said...

I love the pink stones on Autumn's earrings. Poor Isaac it's his birthday and easter and he is sick that no allowed. He has to get better quick.

As for the oxygen that super great!!!! If he could just stay healthy.

Lacey said...

Jax does the same thing, goes in right before a holiday. And I have to pull teeth to get him home! If he's doing ok I would definitely take him home. You have everything you need there. Keeping my fingers crossed!