Monday, November 23, 2009

Where We Could Come Home With New Machinery

First and foremost Isaac looks absolutely fabulous today! I have my sweet, smiling boy back and I'm totally thrilled about that. He looked so good that the Intensivist almost moved him out of the PICU until he remembered that he's still on bi-pap at night.

Oops!


I spoke with the Intensivist at great length today about the bi-pap. He said that if Isaac's labs are looking good and he's still needing bi-pap by the end of the week they would consider sending us home with it. I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's of this. I REALLY REALLY don't want another piece of machinery in the home and I'm hoping that within a few days we won't be having this conversation. On the other hand, having it as an extra tool in the house might not be so bad and could potentially keep us out of the hospital. We don't have to use it everyday, just when he needs it. STILL, I have faith that this little one will be a good boy and that he won't be needing it.

His will be done....One day at a time.


4 comments:

Sherry C said...

I'm hoping you won't be needing that but if you do .. it will just be for a while I bet. Sounds like he is getting better.

Team Carter Jay said...

Bipap ain't no big thing lol! He won't need it though, I can feel it! :)

Anonymous said...

Gammy says, "you seemed to be yourself again last night. Good to see you appear happier." You'll be coming home soon, sweetie.

Love, Your Gammy

Alicia said...

I don't know how I missed this but...

I hope you are either home now or close to going home. I hope you don't have the extra equipment but if you do, I know it will be just fine.

Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!